It’s crunch time! This month many students are writing research papers. If you know a student who could use some help, consider sharing these tips for student researchers. You can find more resources at www.ResearchPaperSteps.com.
Ten Tips for Successful Research Papers
- Before you begin, review the directions from your instructor.
- Start working on your research paper well before the due date.
- Ask a librarian for research suggestions (and write them down!).
- Plan your research paper carefully.
- Select a keyword that’s central to the point you’re making.
- Build your research paper around the keyword you selected.
- Take advantage of your instructor’s email, office phone, or office hours when you need help.
- Use your computer’s spellchecker and grammar checker.
- Use the free tutoring and other services offered by your school or college.
- Before submitting your research paper, ask a friend or family member to read it and give you feedback.