Today I have a quick spelling quiz for you. Which words are misspelled? Scroll down for the answers.
- My mother warned me not to loose my passport.
- If the school increases it’s tuition, students might decide to transfer.
- We have a miniscule chance of winning that beautiful trophy.
- My mother warned me not to lose my passport.
Don’t confuse lose (misplace) – and loose (not tight)
- If the school increases its tuition, students might decide to transfer.
It’s means it is – wrong for this sentence. Try his (increases his tuition – increases its tuition). There’s no apostrophe in either possessive pronoun.
- We have a minuscule chance of winning that beautiful trophy.
Look for minus, and you’ll spell minuscule correctly every time.
If you found all three mistakes, congratulations! Many people miss at least one of these commonly misspelled words.