The links below offer practical tips for better business writing: correspondence, memos, reports.
- Business Writing Tips Part I
- Business Writing Tips Part II
- Business Writing Tips Part III
- Business Writing Tips Part IV
Other resources for business writers:
- Make Mine Plain offers practical ways to write more efficiently (and, incidentally, make your writing easier for customers and clients to read).
- A government website, www.PlainLanguage.gov, has many suggestions for modernizing and simplifying business writing.
- The Wall Street Journal has posted an article about better cover letters to accompany a job application: “The Ten Worst Things to Put in Your Cover Letter”.