Now that we have computers, writers are expected to do some of the publishing preparations themselves. Here are some tips and resources:
- You’re not using a typewriter anymore! Use only one space after a period.
- Don’t use the space bar for formatting. Limit yourself to one space after a word and after a punctuation mark.
- Use the styles menu for all your formatting.
- Don’t use the underlining key at all.
- Click this link for some self-publishing resources that I’ve collected.
- Log on to Smashwords.com to download a free guide to manuscript preparation that includes using styles and other computer skills (it was a lifesaver for me).